Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Art of Parenting


Parenting, like art,
requires patience
Parenting is hard. REALLY hard. Most days I  don’t know what I’m doing and feel like I’m floundering. I feel pretty screwed up a lot of the time, so how am I supposed to mold this little being into a productive vessel of the Lord when I’m broken myself? I guess that’s where the Lord comes in. He can fill in my chinks and be the potter's hands that spin the wheel of my parenting days. As with any work of art, patience is the key. Michelangelo's “David” was not created overnight. It took years and years of diligent, faithful work. I’m sure he felt discouraged and had set backs, but little by little marble was chipped away to reveal a masterpiece.
 
Lord, that you would guide my hand in chipping away the blocks of stone around my children. Little by little they will become the people you envision them to be. I can’t give up even when it’s hard. Give me your artistic vision for my little masterpieces. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment