Friday, October 4, 2013

Fall Thee Not Into Tempation

   I think I've fallen in love. My husband doesn't know, though I'm pretty sure he suspects. This new relationship is affecting my kids. I didn't plan it, it just happened.
   I'm in love with a cookie.
   Honey, these cookies tempt me! I can hear them call to me as I pass the cookie jar. "Come on. One cookie won't hurt you. You know you want us. Just one...little...bite..." An innocent thought has turned into full blown desire and next thing I know, I've taken that one little bite...
   But alas, one little bite turns into six cookies and my kids are left wondering what happened to their snack.
   What is this crack cookie? Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. My mouth is watering just typing it.
   A couple of weeks ago, I was looking for pumpkin cookie recipes and I found a website that was complaining about the "cakiness" of pumpkin cookies and that she had found a solution. HALLELUJAH!! I too had dealt with the weird round cookiecake things in my jar and I wanted a COOKIE.  The search was over.

 
   Sally from Sally's Baking Addiction had discovered that removing eggs from the cookie dough left the cookies more like, well, cookies. I think that the best thing about removing the eggs is that I can eat the dough without trepidation. Not that eggs in a batter actually stops me from eating it, but it's nice to not have to think twice.

 
   I made them again today. I say again because I've prepared five batches in the last two weeks. Today, however, I got creative. The recipe calls for melted butter, which I am totally ok with, but I doubled the recipe (only complaint: the recipe on the website didn't produce enough to satiate), and two sticks of butter was a little much for me. Normally I wouldn't care, but my cholesterol is being checked next week, so....yeah. I substituted apple sauce for 1/4 of the butter. And as far as that goes, I say, if somethin' ain't broke, don't fix it. The applesauce didn't affect the flavor too much, but some of the cakiness returned. Follow the recipe friends. Just follow it.
   Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie, how I love thee. Let me count the ways. No seriously, let me count some of the ways I love this cookie.

1. No eggs
 
2. It is so easy to prepare, my four-year-old can help
 

 
 

3. Just the right amount of spice
 
4. When paired with coffee, it pretty much makes my eyes roll back in my head
 
5. It is a treat the ENTIRE family agrees on
 
 
I love you Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie. Thank you for coming into my life...
 
(Want to try this bit of Heaven? Here's the recipe)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this recipe. It looks delicious. Good post. ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Melissa! I've already eaten more than my share of cookies today

      Delete