Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Anyone?

   I love fall. I absolutely love it. The change in weather, wardrobe, menus and attitudes make for a happy mommy. In fact, the three big kids are outside right now hunting acorns for daddy to take when he goes hunting.

   The trees in our neck of Virginia are starting to turn vibrant reds and oranges. It seems to happen so quickly though that if I blink it's already winter. Isn't life like that? Kids grow up so fast. One day they're little saplings and before you know it they're giant Sequoias. As a species, humans just need to ditch the fast pace and slow down and smell the roses (or see the leaves change) before it's too late and a blessed season has passed.
  This fall I'm going to "FALL" in love with Autumn all over again. I'm going to soak in the smells and sights that make this transition period from the heat of the summer to the frigidity of winter so miraculous.
   Let's get out our sweatshirts and jeans and jump in some leaves. Feel them crunch under your feet. Hear the kids squeal with laughter as they make it "rain." Smell the cinnamon in the air. Then sit down, relax and taste some pumpkin pie.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, it is relaxing and I like the smell of cinnamon too. Great post. ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading Melissa! I'm eating a piece of pumpkin pie right now ;)

      Delete
  2. Sounds wonderful. I'll have a slice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No whipping cream on mine please!! What a stunning post! You, are a great writer, and I loved reading your post. Very well done!! Happy Fall, and I am going to remember to jump in some leaves too!! Sandy www.sandysanderellasmusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete