Next, let me say. I respect women who work full time outside the home. I respect women who work outside the home part time. I respect women. We have to make the choices that best fit us and our families. I choose to stay at home. Could my family benefit from me working outside the home? That, my friends, is a full and resounding, "YES." But in case you're wondering, I do WORK.
|This baby needs his tears, nose, |
and, I'm pretty sure, his backside wiped
In fact, I work from "son up to son down." Ha, ha! Anyone get it? SON up? Ok, sorry.
Again, if you're wondering, I am a stay-at-home mom and THIS is what I do (pretty much daily):
- I wake up before everyone else, so that THEY can have breakfast, clean dishes, and (usually) clean clothes
- Clean dirty diapers, bottoms, bathrooms and socks EVERYDAY. There is no laundry "day" in this house
- Cook three square meals a day
- Kiss tears, booboos and teddy bears
- Wipe crumbs, noses and again, bottoms
- Keep the baby away from the dog, the toilet, and all manner of poisons and mess makers
- Untangle shoelaces, necklaces, cords, and knots in hair
- ATTEMPT to keep a house that is sanitary and minimally clean
|Why mop? The dog will make it dirty again in seconds...|
Oh yeah, that sanitary thing
- Guide, love, and train my kids in a manner consistent of a follower of Christ
- Nurse owies, fevers, hurt feelings, and wounded prides
- Keep my family healthy, happy and strong
- Play board games, referee and occasionally the part of a fire monster in a homemade production
- Teach my children that the world does NOT revolve around them and that they are made to serve others
- Put the needs of my children and my husband before my own
|THIS is what I do!|
THIS is what I DON'T do
- Watch television all day
- Eat bonbons (where did that idea even come from?)
- Hang out at the coffee shop, the café with the girls, or really anywhere else
- Spend hours and hours on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest
- Miss first steps, first words, first laughs, first anything
- Spend unwisely the money my HUSBAND works his butt off to make to support us
I work and I don't get paid monetarily. I don't get sick days, or days off. My work doesn't end at 5 o'clock. My work actually doesn't end, and if I'm able to leave the house, I'm on call. This is my choice and I try not to complain about it. I truly wish that this line of WORK was allowed on a job application, but as of right now, society doesn't consider it worthy of a job.
I am JUST a mom. And I don't need to work outside the home because I work plenty hard inside of it.