Friday, October 18, 2013

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mommy Has Left the Building!

"I'm so excited! And I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control and I think I like it. Yeah, yeah, yeah!" (Sorry, I channeled my inner Pointer Sister.) But seriously, I'm EXCITED!!! My voice is hitting a pitch that would make Vanellope Von Schweetz proud.

Watch out world! Mama's going OUT
for the evening.
Very soon, I'm leaving the kids with the handsome hubby and driving a few HOURS to see the Gaither Vocal Band perform. Not only have I never seen the GVB live, but I haven't been away from my precious babes in a looooong time. I love them, but whining starts to chip away at my soul.

Moms need a break every now and again. Whether it's going into another room and escaping into a good book or having David Phelps' voice melt your butter. Parents can't give their all to the children if they aren't whole themselves.

Since I don't get "out" very often, I am super stoked for this opportunity to have some much needed grown-up time. I just hope I don't start going through kid withdrawal and start cutting people's food into small pieces.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! Have a wonderful time, Emily. You definitely deserve a night off. Anytime I get one, I am always so refreshed. It's like WOW, there's really a person in there other than "just" Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Britta. I had such a wonderful time! And I didn't try to cut anyone's food. It's a miracle :)

    ReplyDelete